What Makes Us Unique?
Ours is not just any funeral home it is a way of life. With over 158 years of experience, and highly professional, empathetic and compassionate staff, Fred C. Dames Funeral Home is the first choice for hundreds of area families each year.
We are proud to embrace traditional values, diversity, and innovation in honoring the spirit and life of each person we serve. Fred C. Dames Funeral Home offers a full selection of:
- Funeral and memorial service options, ranging from traditional to uniquely innovative and personal
- Burial and cremation services
- Complete introspective, interpersonal and interactive memorial tributes.
- Celebrant Services
The release of a loved one from physical presence to a spiritual presence is usually a very difficult process. In order to provide your family peace-of-mind, Fred C. Dames Funeral Home offers complete care, so that you can focus on comforting each other as you prepare to travel a difficult road together to ultimately reaching inner peace and the ability to heal.
Although there are many decisions you may have to make, we assure you that we will help with guidance and walk with you through the process every step of the way. We promise, what we do will help you:
- Design the most fitting memorial or funeral service to honor their memory and pay tribute to their life achievements and experiences.
- Select the most appropriate products, which may include a casket, burial vault, cremation urn, cemetery or mausoleum, to fit your budget and suit your needs and desires.
- Write a personalized, fitting obituary to honor your loved one’s life experiences and social connections.
- Assist in the publication of the obituary in the newspapers of your choice and disseminate through various social media channels.
- Create a Book of Memories™, a beautiful, permanent online memorial, where you and your friends can build a legacy of memories by archiving treasured photos and memories.
- Welcome your family and friends to our funeral home for your planned services, including a viewing, visitation, funeral or memorial service.
- Make all arrangements with regard to the services whether they are held at your place of worship, our funeral home, cemetery, or alternate gathering place.
- Provide you with beautiful print materials, including memorial folders, prayer cards, and book marks. We also offer personalized note cards for you to acknowledge the emotional support you received from friends, co-workers, and community members.
- Create if requested, a moving memorial DVD presentation, to be shown at the service or visitation. A copy of this DVD Presentation will be provided to the immediate family, and additional DVDs (only with family permission) can be made for those who would also like to have a copy.
- Provide an elegant hearse and funeral cars, as well as arrange for escorts.
- Help in the selection and arrangement of floral tributes.
- Provide access to grief education and support materials, and referrals to counseling services.
- Prepare all paperwork, including vital record statistics, permits, filing and obtaining death certificates, and assistance with life insurance, veteran’s benefits, and Social Security claims.
We hope you will turn to us for compassionate care and impeccable service. Our pledge is to honor your loved one and family with dignity, respect and personal attention to every detail.